At the clinic, our functional medicine expert Dr. Shania Lee uses specialised functional testing to uncover the root cause of your issues. She uses Complementary Alternative Medicine, lifestyle modification and prescription diets and supplements to address your root cause of illness. Functional medicine involves understanding the origins, prevention, and treatment of complex, chronic disease. Dr. Lee’s work in an integrative medical practice that specialised in hormones and detoxification has geared her to specialise in hormonal imbalances and auto immune diseases.
Who can benefit from functional medicine?
Many people today have health problems that don’t fit into simple categories. Often people have complex health problems involving inflammatory responses, immune, nervous, digestive, energy, and/or cardiovascular systems. These people are best helped using a functional approach.
Typical patients include people with:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Auto-immune illness
- Fatigue of unknown origin
- Digestive complaints.
Often these people have been to see many physicians without results. Functional medicine is also for people who are interested in true preventive health care. They want to take an active role in their own well-being and that of their family. These people seek out functional medicine practitioners to act as guides for their continued good health.
Your functional medicine package at Cavendish Wellness
The initial consultation is offered as a standalone or more commonly the first step in commencement of an ongoing package. In this consultation the doctor will:
- Go over your medical history, your goals, symptoms, prior lab testing if you have any and nutrition status.
- Engage in a conversation to find out more about you, your health, and family history to build your in-depth health profile.
- Prescribe and talk you through the most suitable Functional Food Plan for your case and possibly recommend a baseline Supplement Prescription.
- By the close of your Initial Consultation, provide a written plan through Living Matrix, including the order in which issues are addressed, recommended lab tests and lifestyle changes covering nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress, supplements, medications, additional recommendations and details about the follow up
- Give specific advice on how to build up and support your basic 5 foundations, social support/love, exercise, nutrition, stress and sleep.
- Identify which of the packages is most appropriate for you.